Did you know…?
- Although office buildings have the second largest amount of square footage, they consume the most energy of all building types, accounting for 19 percent of all commercial energy consumption.
- About 30 percent of the energy consumed by U.S. buildings is done so inefficiently or unnecessarily.
- For every $1 invested in energy efficiency, asset value increases by an estimated $3.
- On average, a building can achieve a 20 percent to 30 percent improvement in energy efficiency where the majority of improvement doesn’t require capital expenditures for new equipment.
- A 30 percent reduction in energy consumption can lower operating costs by $25,000 per year for every 50,000 square feet of office space.
Photo courtesy of www.RhizomeImages.com